Fudgy chocolatey brownies made with Halloween Oreos!
*this post contains affiliate links that will redirect you to Amazon. If you make a purchase, a small commission will go to me (that doesn’t cost you any extra!) but helps to keep this little blog going 🙂 So thank you in advance!
I’m keeping it simple with these brownies today.
Simple but still oh so good decadent. Halloween Oreo Stuffed Brownies.
A layer of Oreos right smack dab in the middle. Halloween Oreos of course. Which you could make yourself of course. But then you wouldn’t have brownies in a jiffy. But homemade Oreos are for another fun baking day you definitely should try.
I’ve used this brownie recipe before to make these brownie gooey bars before. Which if you haven’t made you totally need to make them. They have an entire condensed milk in the middle of them and of course Oreos as well. So this time I left out the condensed milk, and used the fun orange Oreos they have this time of year. Why is it that Oreos that are orange makes them totally more fun to eat?
And of course with any great Oreo treat you must…
Dunk. Them. In. Milk.
The brownie batter for these is super simple to throw together, because it calls for melted butter and cocoa powder. The cocoa powder gives the brownies an intense chocolate flavor that can’t be beat. And the melted butter means they come together super fast! Just be sure when adding the eggs to the mixture, that your butter has slightly cooled because you do not want a chocolate scrambled egg on your hand instead!
To assemble, simply spread half of the batter into your 8×8 pan, and then place a layer of Oreos on top. From there, just simply spread the remaining brownie batter on top. I managed to sneak 16 whole Oreos inside. That means Oreos in every bite!
To Make These Halloween Oreo Stuffed Brownies You Will Need:
- 8×8 Square Pan
- Small Saucepan
- Whisk (this is my new favorite whisk- scraper and whisk in one!)
- Mixing bowls (these Pyrex Bowls are my favorite!)
- Dry measuring Cups and spoons
More Brownie Recipes To Check Out:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (gluten free too!)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetned cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line an 8x8x2 inches glass baking dish with foil, pressing firmly into pan and leaving a 2 inches overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray; set baking dish aside.
- Melt butter in a small sauce-pan over medium heat. Let cool slightly. Whisk sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Pour butter in a steady stream into dry ingredients, whisking constantly to blend. Whisk in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. Add flour and stir until just combined (do not overmix). Scrape 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Top with Oreo cookies. Top with the remaining brownie batter being sure to cover up the Oreos.
- Bake until top begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely in pan. Using foil overhang, lift brownie out of pan; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 9 large squares or 12-16 smaller squares.