This is a super easy vanilla cupcake recipe from scratch. With melted butter and no fancy ingredients it comes together super fast with just a whisk!
Listen I’m all for creaming butter and sugar together. I’m all for my stand mixer. Big fan. It’s the first thing I grab if there’s a fire. (don’t worry I don’t have kids, I’m not heartless). But listen, sometimes my dessert just needs to come together fast. With no fuss.
Like these crazy easy vanilla cupcakes. I love my perfect vanilla cupcakes. But when I got to looking at the recipe I knew I could simplify the recipe without sacrificing texture. So I got to baking batch after batch. So let’s get to making these easy vanilla cupcakes….
How To Make This Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe From Scratch
First of all I wanted my cupcake to have all purpose flour. I love using cake flour in my recipes but I know for some people you don’t have it on hand. So I wanted a recipe that used typical ingredients I knew people had on hand. Just be sure to measure your flour correctly!
Second, all the creaming. Had to go. But I knew that if I swapped out the butter for oil it would lose a lot of flavor. Um, no thank you. So my compromise? Melted butter. Geeeeeenius.
But the cupcakes came out kind of flat and lackluster. Like they didn’t have enough structure. Basically they were sink, sank, sunk in the middle. I tried adding in another egg. And it was like super eggy. Um, I wanted a cupcake not an omelette. So after the umpteenth batch I figured it out- an egg white! Problem solved.
I topped this cupcake with my favorite vanilla buttercream. But feel free to mix it up – try swiss meringue, Italian, French, German or even Ermine (boiled milk) icing for a change. And then of course it’s time to decorate them. For decorating help, check out 6 Cupcake decorating supplies you need to decorate like a pro.
For More Cupcake Decorating Help Check Out These Posts:
- Ultimate Guide To Decorating Cupcakes For Beginners
- Ultimate Guide To Making The Best Buttercream Icing
- Ultimate Guide To Making Cupcakes At Home
For More Cupcake Recipes Check Out These Posts:
- Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- One Bowl Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream
- Peanut butter and fluff cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes
More Easy Cupcake Recipes From Fellow Bloggers:
- Easy Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream (I Am Baker)
- Easy Chocolate Cupcakes (Sugar Spun Run)
- Easy Carrot Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (Gimme Delicious)
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes- no mixer required for these or special ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter melted, slightly cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup whole milk room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar and whisk to combine. Mix in the eggs and egg white until incorporated. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated.
Divide the batter between the prepared paper liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Replace paper liners and bake remaining batter if desired. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
I topped these cupcakes with my vanilla buttercream!
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!