This margarita bars recipe is a dessert that comes together super fast. It’s perfect for Cinco De Mayo!
Fresh squeezed lime juice. Throw in some tequila. A little bit of orange juice. Oh and a buttery graham cracker crust.
Clearly I’m not talking about margaritas. I’m talking margarita barssssss. Oh yes my favorite cocktail turned dessert.
And the best part of this dessert is they come together super fast.
I made a coconut version of these awhile back, and this time I decided to keep it classic. I start with a perfect graham cracker crust that gets pre-baked into a 8×8 pan. To make the crust, you can make the crumbs by placing your graham crackers into a zip-loc bag and using a rolling pin. Great way to end a bad day if you ask me.
If you want to speed the process up, go ahead and use your food processor.
While the crust is baking, time to whip up the filling. And friend, you are going to be so happy when you realize how easy it is. Grab a bowl and a whisk. Are you ready? Simply whisk together a can of condensed milk, egg yolks, some fresh orange juice, lime juice, and then of course don’t forget the tequila. I mean these are margarita bars after all. Then simply give it a whisk. That’s it.
Then pour it over the crust and bake. Pour yourself a margarita to celebrate. Boom you are now Cinco de Mayo ready.
A Few Tips On Making This Margarita Bars Recipe
- Fresh limes is key. You can add in the zest too if you want them to pack a real lime punch. I added a 1/2 cup lime juice- this sometimes is 4 limes. Sometimes 5. I always grab a couple extra than I think I need just in case I find some aren’t as juicy as others.
- To juice the limes here are a few tricks for you: roll the limes on your counter a few times before cutting them to make squeezing the juice out of them. You could also microwave the limes for about 10 seconds to make juicing them easier too.
- When making the crust, use the bottom of your measuring cup to press the crust down evenly into your pan.
To Make This Margarita Bars Recipe You Will Need:
- Square 8×8 baking pan
- Food Processor (or you can use a rolling pin by placing your graham crackers in a zip-loc bag and crushing them this way)
- Whisk (this is my new favorite whisk!)
This classic tequila cocktail in dessert form that comes together in 30 minutes or less!
For the crust:
- 1 package of graham crackers 9 sheets
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
For the filling:
- 4 egg yolks
- 14- ounce can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice about 5 limes
- 1 Tablespoon tequila
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with a cooking spray.
- In a food processor, place your graham cracker sheets and pulse until finely ground. Add in your melted butter, sugar, and . Pulse to combine. Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the 8x8 pan and press down into an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Whisk to combine. Pour over the graham cracker crust and bake for an additional 15 minutes until set.
- Bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 days, the crust may soften slightly however.
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!