Kick up your chocolate cake with Guinness with this easy one bowl dark chocolate Guinness cake covered in a 2-ingredient chocolate ganache!
*this post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I own and love!
Over the summer, I spent pretty much the month of July in Galway, Ireland and while I was I had chance to visit the Guinness factory (again, yes again!) in Dublin and it was just as fun as it was the same time.
In fact I got my certificate to say I can officially pour a Guinness properly.
Yes there is a technique to it, and now I’m all sorts of mastered in it. Ok that’s probably a stretch…
Of course for this cake, I just had to pour the beer right into the bowl. No certificate needed. One bowl to be exact.
One bowl. One bottle. Oh yea baby. Hi Five to Dessert!
To Make This Dark Chocolate Guinness Cake You Will Need:
- Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Cooling Rack
- Your basic measuring equipment- dry measuring cups, measuring spoons, and liquid measuring cup
- My Favorite New Whisk! I love this thing! Is it a whisk? Is it a spatula? Who cares!
This cake man, I know some people hate the M word. But it was all sorts of M (that’s Moist to be exacty) and with a simple chocolate ganache poured on top was all it needed.
This cake was a variation on my perfect chocolate cupcakes with the addition of using Guinness instead of the boiling water. I love this recipe adapted from Hershey’s Kitchens, it bakes perfectly everytime. Seriously, it’s foolproof you guys.
I baked this cake in my new bundt pan. Mind you, it’s not my only bundt pan. Yea, I have quite the collection. But for whatever reason, I didn’t have the basic bundt pan.
Enter my new one.
Grab some Guinness. Just reserve one for this cake and learn how to pour the rest…
Until next time, happy baking!
One Bowl Guinness Chocolate Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Guinness
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 12-cup fluted bundt pan.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in Guinness (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. While the cake cools, make the ganache. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until warm. Pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Pour over the cake.
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!