Peanut butter Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Cups are perfect for an Easter treat! Flourless peanut butter cookie cups filled with a chocolate ganache and topped with Cadbury Mini eggs. These little cookie nests are perfect for Easter!
It’s only one week to Easter…are you getting ready? If you are looking for an easy but impressive Easter dessert to bring to your family get together then these cookie cups might be it. Or maybe you just want an excuse to eat more Cadbury mini eggs. I mean they do only come around once a year right?
These cookie cups are pretty simple to make. I started with a flourless peanut butter cookie. So if you are a gluten free gal (or guy), you are going to love these. The cookies are great on their own. I decided to make them into little cookie cups.
I used my mini cupcake pan and this tart shaper. The tart shaper makes quick work of turning these cookies into little cups. They tend to puff up in the oven, just give them a gentle press again when they come out of the oven.
While they are baking, it’s time to whip up some ganache. Have you ever made ganache? It sounds so fancy, but so isn’t. My usual go to ganache recipe is simply pouring heated heavy cream over chocolate chips.
The key to a great ganache is using good quality chocolate and letting the mixture sit for 5 minutes once you have poured the heavy cream over the chocolate. Then simply stir until smooth!
So this Easter, what desserts have you whipped up with Cadbury Mini Eggs. Here are few more I found while poking around the internet…
More Cadbury Egg Desserts To Check Out:
Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies By Chef In Training
Cadbury Mini Egg Layer Cake – By The Gunny Sack
Milk Chocolate Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies – By Bakeaholic Mama
Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins – By Crazy for Crust
Cadbury Egg Cookies – by Our Best Bites
TO MAKE THESE Cadbury Mini egg COOKIE CUPS YOU WILL NEED:
- Mini Muffin Tin– i love these mini muffin tins for desserts, mini quiches, you name it!
- Tart shaper – this little handy dandy tool from Pampered Chef is awesome for making these cookie cups and any little tarts that you want to make
- Medium Saucepan – this is used to make your ganache which is so simple to make
- Stand mixer or hand mixer– either will work but you are going to need one of them!
Happy Baking everyone!
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Cups
For the cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the ganache
- 1 bag of chocolate chips milk or dark
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup milk I used skim
- Garnish: Mini Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare two mini-muffin pans by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- 2) Beat the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt at medium speed of your mixer, until well-blended.
- 3) Add the egg and vanilla, and blend on low-medium speed until incorporated.
- 4) Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful into each cupcake well. Using a tart shaper or your hands, press the dough into the well along the bottom and along the sides.
- 5) Bake the cookies for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and cool right in the cupcake pan. The cups may puff up in the oven, just simply press down the middles if they do.
- 6) For the ganache, put the chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan over low until hot but not boiling. Pour the heated milk and butter over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- 7) Once the cookie cups have cooled, fill each cup with chocolate ganache. Top with Cadbury mini eggs.
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!