Easy Pumpkin cupcakes topped with a creamy espresso frosting! These are like a pumpkin latte in cupcake form. These cupcakes and frosting are both made with International Delight® Creamers! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashofDelight #CollectiveBias
So it’s been Fall for officially one week. Of course I was baking up pumpkin desserts way before that. I’ve also been indulging in the seasonal pumpkin spice lattes like it’s my job. I simply can’t resist.
So when I got an opportunity to create a recipe for the new International Delight® half gallon creamers, my brain immediately went to cupcakes. And my go to Fall drink. I mean I already put International Delight® Creamer in my coffee, so why not in my cupcake too? After I took a bite of these, I kind of wonder why I haven’t done this sooner. And so these easy pumpkin cupcakes got topped with an espresso buttercream.
Pumpkin latte cupcakes were born.
These easy pumpkin spiced cupcakes are simple to throw together! I’ve made them before with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and even left the frosting off and simply called them muffins. I changed them up this time and used the International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer in place of the milk. And man oh man I’m so glad I did! The creamer works beautifully in this recipe!
With these cupcakes you want to simply put your dry ingredients in one bowl, your wet ingredients in another, and then combine. Whisk, whisk, whisk, and done, done, done.
Now let’s talk about the frosting. Oh. My. Word. This frosting. I could eat just the frosting alone and die a happy girl. A bit too dramatic? I don’t think so. Make this frosting and you will totally agree with me. To make these a pumpkin latte cupcake, I knew this frosting would need two things- espresso and more creamer. It’s like having your coffee and your cupcake all in one.
If you’re new to buttercream, then be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide To Making The Best Buttercream Icing. I’ve got all the tips and tricks so your buttercream rivals any bakery around.
Now I used the International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer in this recipe. International Delight® Creamers now come in a half gallon size, so they are easier to hold and pour! The new half gallon bottles also come in Caramel Macchiato and Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream flavors as well. You can find them in your Wal-Mart dairy aisle…
I think any of these flavors would work in these cupcakes. And well your coffee as well. In fact, I am literally having a cup right now (Caramel Macchiato in case you’re curious). Coffee at 2 pm is normal right? Don’t answer that.
Apparently there are some serious anti-pumpkin people are there. But I’m thinking if you are one of those anti-pumpkin people you probably aren’t reading this. I also think I can totally convert some pumpkin haters out there with one of these cupcakes.
If you want to check out the rest of the International Delight® Creamers, you can check those out here. If you like this recipe, be sure to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. If you make this recipe snap a photo and include the #bostongirlbakes when you share so I can see!
And if you want a few more tips on making cupcakes, then be sure to read my 15 tips for perfect cupcakes!
Happy baking everyone!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 1 and 3/4 cups 220 grams all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 100 grams light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 227 grams pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 80 ml International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
- 2 Tablespoons International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1.Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- 2.In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
- 3.In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups; Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To Make The Frosting
- 1. In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Be sure to turn the mixer OFF before adding more sugar. Then mix until combined.
- 2. Add the creamer, vanilla, and espresso. Cream on medium-high for 8 minutes until light and fluffy. Use a pastry bag and piping tip to pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes.
More Pumpkin Recipes To Check Out..
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!