This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Flourless mini brownie cupcakes with mint buttercream frosting! These are almost too cute to eat…almost.
I feel like all day long my brain is thinking up different desserts and sugar filled treats. However, lately my mind is going to thinking of making things miniature. Still sugar filled mind you. But bite sized. Tiny. One to two bites. What is it about miniature desserts that totally takes the guilt away from eating them?
Like these little guys.
Flourless brownie bites. I’ve been eating less and less gluten, which means either using a gluten free flour blend or simply omitting it all together. Honestly, the lack of flour in these brownies is what makes these totally crazy delicious. Without the flour, these brownies are so fudgy. I have made them before- a fun Fall pumpkin version– but this time decided it was time to switch it up for St. Patrick’s day.
I thought a fun green mint buttercream frosting on top would send these over the edge. And again since they are tiny, you only need to make small batch of the best buttercream icing. I have made many variations of this buttercream frosting- including cake batter, candy cane, salted caramel– every time delicious.
These mini brownies cupcakes are also made in one pot as well. You start by melting chips and butter on the stove on low, stirring so as not to burn the chocolate. Once it’s melted, simply take it off the heat, and add in the rest of your ingredients. Seriously, that’s it. One pot and done. Does it get better? Nope, not really. This is what dreams are made of.
If you like this recipe for mini brownie cupcakes, let me know and leave me a comment! If you make them, snap a photo and share them on Instagram with the #bostongirlbakes so I can see!
To make these you will need:
Brownie Bites with Mint Buttercream frosting
For the brownies
- * 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- * 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- * 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- * 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- * 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place mini cupcake liners in 2 mini muffin/cupcake pans. Set aside.
- 2. To make the brownie layer: In a pan over low heat add the chocolate chips and butter. Stir continuously until melted Remove from the heat and add the brown sugar, eggs, cocoa powder salt and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- 3. Spoon the brownie batter in to each well about 3/4 full. Bake until the brownies are dry on top and almost firm to the touch, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- 4. While the brownies cool, make the buttercream frosting. Combine the butter and confectioners sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix on low speed at first, then increase the speed until combined. Add in your heavy cream, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and mix on medium to high speed for 8 minutes until light and creamy. If not using immediately, store in a container in the refrigerator until ready to use, mix again until light and fluffy. Using a pastry bag and tip, pipe the frosting onto each cupcake. Top with miniature chocolate chips if you so choose!