This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
An easy cake batter blondie made with only 6 ingredients! By using a cake mix and sprinkling in chocolate chips you have a quick dessert that is ready to bake in minutes!
You need a dessert. You need a dessert now.
Enter these cake batter blondies to the rescue.
Before you know it, you will have a dessert everyone will gobble up…
When it comes to blondies. I’m the biggest fan. They are easy one bowl desserts. That are ready in 30 minutes. So basically the ultimate recipe to have in your backpocket. Like Reese’s Pretzel blondies. Or white chocolate pretzel pumpkin maybe. Or my personal favorite, M&M browned butter.
So let me breakdown this super easy blondie recipe… So ready for this ridiculously complicated recipe? Ok so in your mixing bowl, you want to add in your cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and whisk to combine. Then slowly drizzle in your milk. You want a thick consistency to this batter.
Then stir in your white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Whatever the holiday, use sprinkles to match. Basically you can use this recipe all year long. Told you it was a good one to have in your backpocket.
And that’s it. Time to spread into your pan to bake. These bars only need 25-30 minutes to bake. They may look like they are not done when the timer goes off but take them out anway. They will set up as they cool and be perfect.
But take them out when they actually look done….and sorry.
So trust me.
Only 25-30 minutes is all these need.
So you need dessert. Ok maybe you just want dessert. I totally get it. So make these cake batter blondies whenever you want, um I mean, neeeeeeed dessert.
Cake Batter Blondies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk (up to 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible.
- Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
* If you do make your own cake mix, I used 3 cups of my homemade yellow cake mix. I have read some people have used a little more- 3 1/2 cups up to 4. I would gauge your mix by the dryness. Start with 3 cups…you can always add more!