This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies- A super soft sugar cookie with a candy cane kiss right in the middle! Super easy Christmas cookie to make!
Ok so it’s a countdown to Christmas. And I have bought ZERO presents yet. Tell me I’m not alone?
I mean I have ideas, don’t get me wrong. But seriously, braving the malls this time of year? Um, no thank you. Is it wrong to buy all your Christmas presents on Amazon? Please tell me I can. Pretty please.
This time of year I would much rather be dirtying up every cookie sheet in the house. I would much rather be baking up some cookies…
Like maybe these cookies…
How To Make These Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
You want to first prepare your cookie sheets and pre-heat your oven.
Start by combining your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I give my ingredients a good whisk together and set those aside.
Then I cream together the softened butter, cream cheese, and sugar. You want these at room temperature so that they can be properly creamed. I cream for about 2-3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Now add in your room temperature egg and vanilla extract.
Pro Tip: Bring your eggs to room temperature quickly by placing in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
Once those have been properly mixed in, add in your dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. You want to stop mixing when the last streak of flour is mixed in so you don’t activate the gluten in the flour which can result in a tough cookie.
Now it’s time to shape the cookies! You want to scoop and then roll the cookies. Then roll in the fun sprinkles.
Tips For Making These Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
1. Cream Cheese– This cookie recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of cream cheese. It makes for a soft cake-like cookie. Perfect for squishing a kiss right in the middle.
2. Vanilla extract– This recipe calls for vanilla extract, but you could definitely add some peppermint extract to go with those candy cane kisses. Peppermint extract is strong so go sparingly. Start with a 1/4 teaspoon.
3. Flour– Be sure to measure your flour carefully. Use a spoon to scoop your flour into your measuring cup and level it off. This will ensure you do not add too much. Extra flour will result in a less cake like cookie.
4. Technique: These cookies are great because they do not need to be chilled before scooping. Simply scoop into balls, roll into sprinkles. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand and bake. When they come out of your oven, press a kiss right in the middle.
These cookies are super simple to throw together. And the best part? They don’t require any chilling of the dough before baking them. And when they are hot out of the oven, you press a candy cane kiss right in the middle.
Now they might melt a little bit, but trust me they will taste fabulous! Seriously just try and not take a bite.
These candy cane kiss cookies are so good and so much better than fighting the crazy holiday mall rush, don’t you think?
If you like this recipe or make them, let me know by leaving a comment. Comments seriously make my day!
You could also follow me on:
or simply subscribe and get new posts sent directly to your inbox!
To make these you are going to need:
*this post contains affiliate links
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese (if you're using it) until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, and the egg; scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix at low to medium speed until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Place the 3/4 cup sprinkles in a large plastic bag, or in a shallow pan. Scoop the dough by tablespoonfuls into the sprinkles, rolling them in the pan or gently shaking them in the bag to coat them with the sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between them. Using a flat-bottomed glass, flatten the cookies to about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes — 10 minutes for softer cookies, 12 minutes for crunchier. The edges of the cookies will just barely begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a kiss in the center. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a rack to finish cooling completely.