This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
It’s cookie making month! So let’s make a classic for this month’s baking challenge – the snickerdoodle cookie!
Last month, was epic with the Easy As Apple Pie series!! I loved seeing all the apple pie photos being posted for the November Baking Challenge and getting such wonderful e-mails about readers’ success with making a flaky pie crust!
This month we are going for a classic holiday cookie, the snickerdoodle! I love these easy sugar cookies rolled in a cinnamon/sugar mixture.
A few tips for making these cookies:
- Measure your flour correctly. Honestly, for the best cookies every time invest and use a kitchen scale. Flour is the #1 ingredient people measure wrong. And over or under measured flour is the biggest reason your cookies fail. I use the spoon and level method. Meaning I spoon my flour into my cup then level off with a spatula or the back of a knife. By measuring your incorrectly means you could end up with more flour then you want. Added flour in your cookie recipe means your cookie may end up cakier or tougher than you would like.
- You need to use room temperature butter so your dough is properly creamed and aerated. To soften your butter quickly, here are 3 quick ways.
- Make sure to use room temperature eggs so they are easily incorporated into the cookie dough. I place mine into a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using them.
I hear from a lot of readers that flat, thin cookies is a major problem you run up against. So here is a helpful article, Why Are My Cookies Flat? <– it will cover all the major reasons on why your cookies spread out too much and how to fix it!
Here are some more helpful articles to make the best cookies ever:
- 6 Tips To Bake Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Which Flour Is Best For Cookies?
- What Does Butter Do In Cookies?
Here is how to participate in the baking challenge:
- Step One: Make This Snickerdoodle cookie recipe.
- Make and Comment: Be sure to leave a comment on the actual snickerdoodle post. (not to this post).
- Share: Take a photo and share it by December 31, 2020 – 12:00 AM EST. You have three options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community –I have a private Facebook group where we share all of our amazing creations and ask questions! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved. You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries!
- Email me: email@example.com
This month the prize is going to be a $75 Amazon Gift card!!!!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.