Let’s start 2019 with a bit of zip for our baking challenge! With these easy lemon bars. These bars are a cinch to whip up so you will be kicking off 2019 with zero stress and a little bit of fun.
Last month, we had so much fun decorating sugar cookies. And I was blown away with the beautifully decorated cookies you shared! Some serious skill. This month, I decided to make things a bit easier and pick a dessert that is no fuss and embraces citrus. I mean we are in the dead of winter and citrus reigns supreme for me when it comes to dessert.
So lemon bars it was! These bars can be made in one bowl so I am hoping that encourages a whole lot of you to break out a mixing bowl.
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
- Make these easy lemon bars. There is even an video for you to watch how to make these, so I know you will have zero difficulty. These are a breeze.
- Take a photo and share it by January 31, 11:59 EST. You have two options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community – I have started a brand new private Facebook group just for us! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries 🙂
This month I will be giving away a $50 digital Amazon Gift card.
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.
So what do you think?! Are you up for this month’s baking challenge?!
Tips On Making These Easy Lemon Squares
- Make sure to measure your lemon juice. Not every lemon gives the same amount of juice. To be on the safe side I’d buy 4 at the store. Sometimes it only takes 3 but I like having an extra just in case.
- Make sure to measure your flour accurately by scooping with a spoon and leveling with a knife. For a complete tutorial, read this post.
- You need to make sure you are using softened butter for the shortbread crust so it’s incorporated easily.. Here are 3 ways to soften your butter quickly.
- When the crust is done, you want to pour the filling over it immediately. This kind of makes like one beautiful crust to lemon layer.
- Dust the bars with powdered sugar when the bars are warm so the sugar sticks. I like to dust them twice. The first time the sugar sort of melts in, and the second time creates a beautiful layer of powdered sugar on top.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!