This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
Since we are in full swing into summer, I thought let’s cool things off a bit and make this challenge a COLD one. Yes, this month it’s all about ice-cream!
I scream. You scream…ok I won’t do it. But you know where I was headed right? It’s July. It’s hot. My brain for this month’s challenge went to ice-cream.
But I’m going to put a fun twist on it – so there’s no excuse to not participate! Because I know not everyone owns an ice-cream maker.
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
You can participate 3 different ways this month:
- Make homemade vanilla ice-cream. <– yes I’ll admit this recipe from Cook’s Illustrated was no joke. So if you want a fun challenge try making this recipe.
- No Churn Ice Cream <– Who says making ice cream has to be difficult? If you don’t own an ice-cream maker and want ice-cream now, then this is the recipe for you. It’s easy. Just a few ingredients. This recipe is a mint Oreo version, but you can use the base recipe to create your own fun version. I’ve included the no churn base recipe at the bottom of this post.
- Top it with ice cream! <– Like I said, I want this challenge to be something you can’t say no too. So make a recipe on this site and then have fun with it and turn it into a “ice-cream dessert”. Maybe you make some chocolate chip cookies and turn them into ice-cream sandwiches. Or maybe some Oreo brownies and top them with a scoop of vanilla (or chocolate, or mint, or whatever your family craves!). Make your own ice cream pie, by making a simple Oreo cookie crust and fill with store-bought ice-cream. Have fun with it!
- Make and Comment: Be sure to leave a comment on the recipe you make!
- Share: Take a photo and share it by July 31, 2020 – 12:00 AM EST. You have three options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community –I have a private Facebook group where we share all of our amazing creations and ask questions! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries!
- Email me: email@example.com
This month the prize is going to be a $75 Amazon Gift card!!!!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.
So are you ready? Let’s get baking!
No Churn Ice-cream
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and extracts on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold half of the condensed milk in to the heavy cream. Once this has been folded in, add the rest of the condensed milk. If adding any mix-ins, stir them in now.
- Pour into a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan and cover. Freeze until firm, 6 hours.
- Cookies and Cream Add 12 crushed Oreos cookies
- Mint Oreo: Add 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract, 12 crushed oreos
- Lemon Cookie: 1/2 cup lemon curd, 1 cup shortbread cookies, crushed
- Strawberry: 1 pound frozen strawberries (slightly thawed) and pureed in a food processor
- Key Lime Pie: 1/2 cup lime curd (or use fresh lime juice and lime zest from 3 limes), 1 cup graham crackers, crushed, and white chocolate chips