This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
For this month’s baking challenge we are making choux pastry! If you have never made choux pastry then don’t worry I have some fun recipes and helpful tutorials so you can rock out this French pastry like a pro!
So it was voted on by you in my Facebook group that this month we are going to tackle making choux pastry, pronounced “shoe”. The best part of this challenge is that you can use the choux pastry to make a myriad of wonderful baked goods.
With the same pastry dough you turn it into cream puffs, or pipe them into logs and make eclairs. Add some cheese and call them gougeres, basically a savory cream puff! Or maybe the best option yet…profiteroles. Basically cream puffs frozen cousin. You fill the baked cream puffs with ice-cream and freeze them. Um, perfect summer treat am I right?!
I’m so excited for this challenge. But if making a French pastry has you running scared, be sure to click on the recipes below for step by step photos so you can master this challenge.
I can’t wait to see your creations!!
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
- Make and Comment: Start by making choux pastry <– this post will help turn you into a master! Then you have a few options:
- Cream Puffs: Pipe them into rounds and fill them with whipped cream and turn them into cream puffs
- Eclairs: Pipe them, dip them in chocolate and fill them with pastry cream and turn them into eclairs.
- Profiteroles: Which are basically frozen cream puffs! Cut them open and sandwich ice-cream inside and freeze them and call them profiteroles! and take a photo!
- Gougeres: Use the basic cream puff recipe but add 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups shredded cheese like cheddar).
- Then leave a comment on that post!
- Share: Take a photo and share it by June 30, 2020 – 12:00 AM EST. You have three options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community –I have a private Facebook group where we share all of our amazing creations and ask questions! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries!
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
This month the prize is going to be a $75 Amazon Gift card!!!!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.