This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
This month let’s make cupcakes! Vanilla cupcakes – but feel free to get creative. Keep it simple with a vanilla buttercream frosting. Cover it with chocolate. Add a filling. Throw on some sprinkles. Sky’s the limit with this May baking challenge!
With Spring here, Mother’s Day around the corner I figured why not celebrate with some cupcakes for the month!
I have a couple vanilla cupcake recipes for you to choose from as well. And you can get creative with the buttercream frosting. Even add a filling if you want!
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
- Make and Comment: Bake these easy vanilla cupcakes and come back and comment and let me know how it went! You also have the option of making this perfect vanilla cupcakes (not as easy, but totally worth creaming the butter and sugar). If vanilla isn’t your thing, then make some chocolate cupcakes!
- Frost Your Cupcakes! – Make some buttercream frosting and frost your cupcakes. If you want to try a more advanced frosting then try my Italian meringue buttercream, swiss meringue buttercream, german custard buttercream, ermine boiled milk icing, or maybe a simple cream cheese frosting. You might want to give my Ultimate Guide to different types of frostings a read. If you need help decorating cupcakes, then check out my ultimate guide to decorating cupcakes.
- Share: Take a photo and share it by May 31, 2019 EST. You have two options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community – I have started a brand new private Facebook group just for us! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries
This month I will be giving you a chance to win your own apron from Flirty Aprons of your choice ($30 or less value) + a $50 digital Amazon Gift card. I love my Flirty aprons – they are just so cute. They have aprons for women, men, and kids! Plus kitchen tools, farmhouse signs, even organic kitchen cleaning products!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.
Last Month’s Baking Challenge
Last month’s baking challenge: Carrot Cake
With Easter falling smack dab in the middle of April it was a perfect time to make my carrot layer cake!
It was so much fun seeing everyone’s carrot cakes!
Check out some of the entries…
The winner was and she was notified! Congratulations!!!
So what do you think?! Are you up for this month’s baking challenge?!