This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
Easy no bake peanut bars loaded with Reese’s Pieces and topped with a milk chocolate peanut butter topping! These are a cinch to make and a total crowd pleaser!
If you are new to baking, or maybe it’s too hot to turn the oven on, then this dessert is for you. I love the simplicity of no bake treats, but also the sheer fact of I kept to keep the oven off. For these bars you get to use your microwave and food processor to get the job done.
So let’s talk about these bars shall we? I wanted something simple and a total crowd pleaser. And what crowd doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate? I knew these bars would be a huge hit. And I was totally right.
These bars really hit the whole peanut butter thing out of the park. I decided peanut butter wasn’t enough I wanted to add Reese’s Pieces. I seriously love Reese’s Pieces. Anytime I go to the movies, I have to have to have to get a box of these little candies. I’m kind of obsessed. I love the little crunch it gives to the bars too. And when sprinkled on top- SO. DARN. PRETTY.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars?
These bars are so simple too. Only 6 ingredients to make them! Shut the front door. Yup.
- Butter – I always recommend using unsalted butter when baking so you can control the amount of salt. So I add a pinch of salt. But you can swap it out and use salted butter this time. Just don’t add the pinch of salt.
- Graham crackers – You are going to process these into fine crumbs with your food processor. If you don’t have one, then put the graham crackers in a plastic bag and smash them with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Powdered sugar – If you are really strapped and have none you can pulverize granulated sugar in a food processor to make your own.
- Peanut butter – I have only made this with traditional store-bought peanut butter like Skippy, or Jif. I haven’t tried it with a natural peanut butter. You will actually use peanut butter in the base and the topping.
- Chocolate – You can really use any type of chocolate chips here.
- Reese’s Pieces – OK yes you might say these are optional. But then again, are they?
Related: You might also like the rest of these 5 Ingredient Desserts
How To Make These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Make the peanut butter base: You just need to melt the butter, turn your graham crackers into crumbs using your food processor, and combine those two ingredients with the powdered sugar and peanut butter.
Press into a pan- That whole mixture gets pressed into a pan. I made two batches of these bars. One in an 8×8 pan, and one batch in a 9×9 pan. With the 9×9 pan you get a few more bars, but you get get thicker bars with the 8×8 pan. So choose wisely, my friend 😉
Make the chocolate topping – Once the mixture has been pressed into the pan of your choice, then you get to send these bars over the edge with a chocolate and peanut butter topping.
You need to simply melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals in the microwave. Be sure to stir in between each addition. Once melted, stir in your peanut butter. Then simply spread this mixture on top of your bars.
I then sprinkled Reese’s pieces on top. Because, why not?
If you are a total baking nerd myself, you can nerd out on this chocolate candy dipping post I recently wrote.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
I have made these with milk chocolate chips before because I wanted to stick with that classic milk chocolate and peanut butter cup combo.
But as you can see in the photos, I have also made these and love these with semi-sweet (dark) chocolate. You could even use white chocolate! Ooh, now that could be fun. Might have to try making those next.
You need to simply melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals in the microwave. Be sure to stir in between each addition. Once melted, stir in your peanut butter. Then simply spread this mixture on top of your bars. I then sprinkled more Reese’s pieces on top. If you are a total baking nerd myself, you can nerd out on this chocolate candy dipping post I recently wrote.
Tips For Making These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Plan Ahead. These bars need some time to chill in the fridge, about 3 hours (but can be done overnight). So make sure to plan ahead and not make these last minute!
- Utilize That Freezer. Plan really, really ahead and make these then store them in your freezer! You can make a batch and store them in your freeze up to 2 months in advance. You can also cut them first before freezing. I recommend storing between layers of parchment paper.
- Use a hot knife. To cut them that it is. I let them sit for a few minutes when I take them out of the fridge (5-10 minutes) then run a knife under hot water, wipe it off, and then cut them to get a clean cut.
For More No Bake Recipes:
For More Cookie Bar Recipes You Might Like:
- White Chocolate Funfetti Bars
- S’mores Bars
- Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars (+Video!)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
- Derby Pie Bars
- Key Lime Pie Bars
Tools To Make These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
- 9×9 baking dish (or 8×8 baking pan)
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons <– my favorite thing ever to use!!!
I created this fun little group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join! It’s a place where you can ask questions, and see what’s new with Boston Girl Bakes. Share your own recipes and participate in the monthly baking challenges.
If you like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
And be sure to follow me Instagram and tag #bostongirlbakes so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this blog. You can also subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again! I also share sometimes helpful tips, free guides, and exciting news there first so be sure to subscribe to my e-mail list below.
No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter melted
- pinch salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about 8 full sheets
- 2 cups (240 g) confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons (215 g) creamy peanut butter (not natural style) divided
- 1 cup (180 g) dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, salt, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar together until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Top with additional Reese's pieces.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.