This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
These perfect brown sugar Reese’s blondies are loaded with Reese’s pieces, pretzels, peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.
Oh my goodness where do I begin with these bars? The salty and sweet combo is something I am always a total sucker for.
I am the person at the movies pouring the M&M’s in the popcorn. And I always have on hand a box of Reese’s pieces.
So is it any surprise that they found their way into a blondie? Nope. No surprise there.
How To Make These Reese’s Blondies- Step By Step
First, line your 9×13 pan with foil. You want to leave some hanging over the edges so you can easily lift them out after they bake.
Measure and whisk your dry ingredients together.
In a second bowl, combine your wet ingredients- melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Then stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Lastly, stir in the Reese’s pieces, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces.
Then it’s time to spread the batter into the pan.
Before you pop them in the oven if you want pretty tops like mine, go ahead and stick extra pretzels, Reese’s, and chips all along the top. Like so. I find the bars bake up much prettier this way.
Tips On Making These Reese’s Blondies
- Make sure you measure your flour accurately. Over-measuring your flour can result in a cakelike texture.
- Use room temperature eggs so they incorporate into the batter easily. Bring them to room temperature quickly by placing them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Be careful to no overbake these. They will look not quite done, but take them out. They will set up as they cool.
- These will take awhile to set up. So be patient and let them cool before cutting!
- Cut these with a plastic knife. The bars will cut neatly with a plastic knife.
Can I Make These Gluten Free?
Yes, just simply swap out the flour for a 1:1 gluten free baking flour mix. My favorite is this brand.
And use gluten free pretzels. But I found the gluten free pretzels I stirred in did not hold up as well. They became way too soft baked in. Simply put your pretzels on the top of the bars so they retain their crunch.
These bars are totally easy. Crazy delicious.
If you make these bars or like this recipe, let me know by leaving a star rating and leaving a comment below!
And don’t forget to subscribe to never miss a new recipe or tutorial! As a thank you, I will send you my 10 baking secrets!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- plus extra pretzels pieces, and chips for topping
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350° F. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they're done.Grease foil-lined pan with butter or oil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in pretzels, reese's pieces, and chips and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.
- If using extra mix-ins, place on top of the batter now before placing in the oven.
- Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 12 large or 16 small(ish) bars and serve.
I used peanut butter and milk chocolate chips but feel free to any combination of chips or what you have on hand. I think white chocolate would also be a great mix-in! Adapted from Cook's Illustrated
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!