3-Ingredient Self-Rising Biscuits
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat. Heat oven to 450°F/230oC.
2. Prepare baking sheet. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Or line with silicone baking mat. You can also use a cast iron pan to bake these in.
3. Measure flour. Place flour in large bowl. (If using unsalted butter, then add the additional 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the flour and whisk to combine).
4. Add butter. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add milk. Add milk and stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
6. Knead and cut biscuits. On lightly floured surface, knead dough just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round biscuit cutter. Place biscuits with sides touching on cookie sheet.
7. Bake the biscuits. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.