Apple Cider Cookies
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat and prepare cookie sheets. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars. In a second mixing bowl, with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add egg and cider. Add egg and mix just until combined. Add cider and combine. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed
5. Add in dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture and mix at low to medium speed until mixture is evenly moistened. Stir in chopped apple.
6. Scoop the cookies. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the cookies into 1 ½-inch balls. Place onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake and cool the cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until edges and centers are set. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling completely.
8. Make icing. In a small bowl, whisk together icing ingredients. Spread or drizzle over each cooled cookie.