Baked Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan. (If you have multiple pans, good for you- go ahead and grease them up! This recipe will make about 36 mini muffins).
2. In one bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, both sugars, and spices. Stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, combine the milk, cider, applesauce, eggs and butter. Whisk to combine.
4. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do NOT overmix.
5. Scoop the batter into each muffin well and fill each about 3/4 cup full. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. While they bake, melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter in one bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in another bowl.
7. Allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack. Then take each muffin and dip in the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.