Chocolate Chip Scones
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat and prepare pan. Preheat your oven to 400oF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in butter. Using your fingertips, two knives, or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter are pea-sized. If adding mix-ins, stir them in now.
4. Add wet ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
5. Shape and cut the scones. Empty the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough lightly to bring the mixture together. Pat the dough into a 8-inch circle. Using a sharp knife cut the circle into 8 triangle wedges. Place scones onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake The Scones. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
7. Make Icing. In a small bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients. Drizzle over cooled scones before serving.