Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or wax paper, or tin-foil also work). Set aside.
2. Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until melted. I do this by heating the chocolate for 30 seconds, and then stirring it. Then microwaving in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until it’s all melted. Stir in ½ teaspoon peppermint extract.
3. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into a thin layer, using a spatula, into about 10 to 12 inch circle, 1/4 inch thick.
4. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
5. Microwave the white chocolate until smooth. I microwave the same as I did for the semi-sweet chocolate, first for 30 seconds, then in 15 second intervals after that until smooth. Stir in the remaining ½ teaspoon peppermint extract.
6. Pour over the chilled, hardened semi-sweet chocolate layer. Spread it out to an even thin layer with a spatula. Sprinkle on the crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Then using your hands, break the bark up into pieces. STore in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.