Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line an 8×8 in square pan with aluminum foil (or parchment paper) then lightly grease the foil with cooking spray.
2. In a separate bowl or a stand mixer, make the pumpkin cheesecake layer. Combine all the pumpkin layer ingredients, mix until smooth. Set aside.
3. To make the brownie layer: In a heatproof bowl, set over simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter stirring until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl; add the brown sugar, eggs, cocoa powder salt and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
4. Layer half the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the pumpkin layer over. Spread the remaining brownie batter over the pumpkin layer. Use a knife and make zig zag lines to swirl the pumpkin and brownie layers together.
5. Bake until the brownies are dry on top and almost firm to the touch, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour.