Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Prep cookie sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set Aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Put the butter in a bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Begin beating on low speed to soften. Increase the speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes, or until light and creamy. With the motor running, add in your sugar beating until light and creamy.
4. Combine the egg and vanilla. Add the egg mixture and beat to incorporate, scraping down the sides after.
5. Add dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients beating just until combined. With a spatula, give the dough a last few remaining stirs. You want to make sure to not overmix.
6. Scoop and chill Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop a ball of dough, and place on the cookie sheet. Place a Rolo candy in the middle. Place more dough on top. Roll the cookie into a nice round shape making sure none of the candy is showing. Continue with the remaining dough. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. Can be chilled for up to 24 hours.
7. Bake the cookies. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. After dough has been chilled, bake in a preheated oven on the middle rack, for 10-12 minutes. When you remove cookies from the oven, use a spatula and transfer to a cooling rack. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt.