Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat and prepare pan. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients. In a second mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla, eggs, and oil, until combined.
4. Combine wet and dry. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until combined. Do not overmix. Mixture will be very thick. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
5. Bake. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
1. Combine ingredients. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk, butter, and salt. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Boil mixture. Bring mixture to a rolling boil (I turn the heat up to a medium/ medium-high heat) whisking constantly for 2 minutes (making sure it doesn't burn).
3. Add vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Continue whisking until icing thickens. Use immediately.