Creme Brulee For Two
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 300oF/150oC. Set the oven rack to the middle.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste over medium heat until simmering.
3. In a seperate mixing bowl, whisk your egg yolks and sugar until light and pale about 1-2 minutes.
4. Whisk in slowly the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
6. Bake the ramekins at about 40 minutes. Remove the ramekins from the cookie sheet and cool at room temperature and then chill covered in your refrigerator for 4 hours.
7. When ready to serve, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top (I used a 1/2 tablespoon) and then using a kitchen torch, brulee the top until golden brown.