Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, cocoa, and butter together. (You can use a whisk or spatula, but I like to use a spatula, because I find it can get stuck in a whisk).
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in vanilla. Stir in the melted chocolate.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat to combine. Dough will be quite soft.
4. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
5. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease or line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat).
6. Using a small cookie scoop (or two spoons), roll or scoop chilled dough into 1-inch balls. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar and place 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Until edges are set, and middles are puffy. Cookies will be quite soft immediately after baking but will firm up as they cool. Let stand on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.