Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Prep oven. Position a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350°F/177°C.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the salt. Set aside.
3. Combine sour cream, lemon and vanilla. In a second small bowl, stir together the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer (or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment), cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes on medium high speed.
5. Add eggs. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the mixing bowl well after each addition and mix until blended.
6. Alternate dry mixture and sour cream. Add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to butter-sugar-egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture until uniformly incorporated- do not overmix.
7. Bake. Grease and flour one 12-cup capacity bundt cake pan. (I like to use either shortening and flour or a cooking spray that includes flour). Pour batter into pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F degrees oven for approximately 50-55 minutes, until top is golden brown and when the cake is done when a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert on to a cooling rack (You may need to loosen around the edges of the cake before inverting).
8. Make glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Adjust consistency if needed. Pour over cooled cake before serving.