No-Bake Turtle Pie
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. To make the oreo crust: Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until the cookies have become crumbs. You can also turn the cookies into crumbs by placing the cookies into a zip-loc bag and crust them with a rolling pin.
1. (cont.) Add the melted butter and pinch of salt to the crumbs and pulse to combine. (If making without the food processor, transfer the crumbs to a bowl and stir the sugar and butter in with a fork) Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch plate. You can also use a 9-inch square pan or 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust before filling for 30 minutes.
2. To make the filling: Cream the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the caramel. Cream until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the cold heavy cream until soft peaks form. Then fold into the caramel filling.
4. Spread the filling into the prepared Oreo crust and chill about 4 hours. Garnish: top with toasted pecan halves, hot fudge, and caramel, whipped cream!