Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Combine dry ingredients. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk and set aside.
2. Combine wet and dry ingredients. In a second bowl whisk together your melted butter and sugars until evenly combined, about 1-2 minutes. Add in your eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
3. Combine wet and dry mixtures.. Add in your dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Be careful to not overmix.
4. Add oats and raisins. Stir in your oats, and raisins with a rubber spatula.
5. Scoop and refrigerate dough. For large cookies: Using a large scoop (or a 1/4 cup), scoop your cookies on to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten with your hand until about 1/2-inch thickness. (I placed all my cookies side by side on the same cookie sheet) and chill covered with plastic wrap in your refrigerator for 24 hours.
5. Scoop and refrigerate dough. For smaller (regular sized) cookies: Use a 1-inch (small) scoop (or about 1 tablespoonful) and place about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet. Cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
6. Bake. When ready to bake, pre-heat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Place 6-8 large cookies, or 12 smaller cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake on the middle rack for 18-20 minutes for large cookies, or 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies until edges are set and golden brown and middles still look slightly soft.
7. Cool cookies. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring the cookies to cool on a cooling rack.