Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat and prepare pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10×15 rimmed baking sheet (jelly roll pan) or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients. In a second mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with until thoroughly combined.
4. Add dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Bake the bars. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire cooling rack completely and cut into squares.
1. Cream the butter until smooth. Add in the cream cheese.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until well combined and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until totally incorporated, increase the speed and then beat until smooth.
4. Mix in the vanilla extract. Add in a pinch of salt.
5. When bars have cooled, frost with the cream cheese frosting