Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Prepare pan and preheat. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare bread. Place torn pieces of bread in the dish, about 1-inch cubes.
3. Whisk together wet mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, half and half, pumpkin, sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Pour over bread. Slowly pour the batter over the bread pieces in the baking dish. Be sure to cover all the bread pieces. I like to squish the bread pieces on top to make sure it's soaked.
5. Bake your bread pudding. Bake in a preheated oven for about 1 hour on middle rack until the custard is set.
6. Make praline sauce. While the bread pudding is baking, make the praline sauce. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir pecans into the cream mixture. Simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour over bread pudding right before serving