- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat and prepare pan. Preheat your oven to 400oF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
3. Cut in butter. Using your fingertips, two knives, or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter cubes are pea-sized. Stir in the white chocolate chips with a spatula.
4. Mix wet ingredients together. In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
5. Add wet ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet mixture. Stir to combine until a shaggy dough forms. I like to use my hands at the end of the mixing to get all the flour incorporated.
6. Shape and cut the scones. Empty the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough lightly to bring the mixture together. Pat the dough into a 8-inch circle. Using a sharp knife cut the circle into 8 triangle wedges. Place scones onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Freeze for 30 minutes (or place in the refrigerator for 1 hour).
7. Bake The Scones. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk or heavy cream and sprinkle on coarse sugar (optional). Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer and cool on a cooling rack.
8. Make the glaze. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients.. Adjust the consistency if needed. Drizzle over scones before serving.