Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Prep oven. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F (177°C).
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in the salt.
3. Combine wet ingredients. In a second mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugars, sour cream, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add flour mixture and stir to combine just until the last of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix.
5. Prepare pan. Grease a 12-cup capacity bundt pan. I prefer to use either shortening and brush it on, or a non-stick cooking spray with flour. (Or you can use cooking spray and lightly dust with flour. I don't recommend butter as it can make your cake stick more and cause a dark exterior). Pour batter into bundt pan.
6. Bake. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes and top of cake springs back when touched Cool bundt cake in pan for 10 minutes then invert pan onto cooling rack to release the cake from the pan and continue to cool completely.
1. In a small mixing bowl, with an electric mixer (or you can use a wooden spoon if cream cheese and butter are soft enough) beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until combined.
3. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Adjust consistency if needed.
4. Pour over cooled cake before serving.