Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Frosting
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Prep oven and pan. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a large bowl, toss the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda together until combined. Set aside.
3. Combine sugar and eggs. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars. and eggs together until combined.
4. Add remaining wet ingredients. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
6. Bake cupcakes. Spoon the batter evenly into 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated 350°F oven on the center rack for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix on low speed at first, then increase the speed to medium until smooth and combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add confectioners sugar. Add confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup to 1 cup at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
3. Add vanilla extract. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine. If not using immediately, store in a container in the refrigerator until ready to use, mix again until light and fluffy.
4. Frost cupcakes. When cupcakes are cooled, frost cupcakes. You can use a piping bag and piping tip or an off-set spatula to frost cupcakes with. Once frosted, I recommend storing in the fridge until ready to serve.