EASY Red Velvet Bars
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Make the cookie bars Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Lightly grease or line 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the cookie bars In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Make the cookie bars In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or you can use a hand mixer, on medium high speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Make the cookie bars Add in eggs, one a time, and beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in vanilla, and food coloring until combined.
5. Make the cookie bars Add the flour mixture until a soft dough forms. With a wooden spoon, or spatula, stir in the white chocolate chips to combine.
6. Make the cookie bars Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan into an even layer.
7. Make the cookie bars Bake for about 20 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool in pan before frosting.
1. Make the cream cheese frosting In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Make the cream cheese frosting Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat to combine on low speed. Scrape down bowl as needed.
3. Make the cream cheese frosting Add vanilla and beat to combine.
4. Make the cream cheese frosting Frost the top of the bars and enjoy!