Salted Caramel Apple Bars
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Preheat oven to 350oF (177°C). Prepare a 9×13" rectangular pan with foil or parchment paper, being sure to leave the edges hanging over for easy removal. Give the pan a spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon or spatula, stir together the sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in the the melted butter until a crumbly dough forms. Press into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven.
1. Give the mixing bowl a wipe to re-use.
2. In the same large mixing bowl you used for the crust, stir together the apples flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Spread the apples over the par-baked crust. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Give the mixing bowl a wipe to re-use for the streusel topping.
1. In a large mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon or spatula, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cut in the softened butter until a crumbly mixture forms. You can use a pastry cutter to do this, two knives, or just squish the butter your fingertips.
2. Crumble the streusel topping over the apples and caramel sauce.
3. Bake for an additional 30 minutes at 350oF/177oC until streusel topping is golden brown. Remove from the oven to cool completely in the pan. Lift the foil or paper out of the pan and cut into squares.