- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Combine wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. You can use a hand mixer, or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
2. Add dry ingredients. With mixer on low, blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt until evenly combined.
3. Chill the cookie dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. This dough is sticky so it’s best to chill the dough for at least 1 hour or you can leave to refrigerate up to overnight.
4. Preheat and prepare cookie sheets. Near the end of the chilling time, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 400oF (205°C). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
5. Make cinnamon sugar topping. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Shape and roll cookies. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or a tablespoon scoop the cookies into 1 ½ inch balls and immediately drop the cookie balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake and cool cookies. Bake in the preheated 400oF (205°C) oven 8-10 minutes, or until edges are browned, and tops are slightly puffy and set but not too hard. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.