How To Make 3 Easy Halloween Cupcakes
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. In a measuring cup microwave 1 cup of water (or heat on stovetop). Stir in instant espresso. Add boiling water to batter. Stir to combine. (batter will be thin) to the cake batter. Fill each cupcake well about 3/4 cup full of batter.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 350 for an additional 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating pans halfway through baking. Remove cupcakes from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely. Repeat with the additional cupcake batter (about 6 additional cupcakes).
4. For the frosting combine the butter and powdered sugar and mix on low, then increase the speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in your vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Beat on medium-high for 8 minutes. For the cupcakes, divide your frosting into 3 bowls. Leave one plain vanilla. To the second bowl, add green food coloring until desired color is reached. To the third bowl, add 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Mix to combine.
5. To decorate the Ghost Cupcake: Use a round tip and pipe a swirl of frosting on top. Use 3 miniature chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
6. To decorate the Tombstone cupcake: use a spatula to spread some frosting on top. Dip the top of each cupcake into crushed oreo cookies. Using an edible marker, write RIP onto a Milano cookie and place into the center of each cupcake.
7. For the Frankenstein cupcake: spread some green frosting on top of a cupcake. you want a good tall amount of frosting on these. Then flatten the top and round the edges. Dip the top in chocolate sprinkles. Use a white chocolate chip for the eyes. Draw the eyeballs on with an edible marker. You could also use candy eyes. Place a chocolate sprinkle on for the mouth. Place two chocolate chips on the side for the bolts. And using red gel, draw stitches on next to the one of the bolts. Cover and keep at room temperature for 2-3 days.