How To Make Black Buttercream Frosting
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Combine the butter and confectioners sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.
2. Mix on low speed at first, then increase the speed until combined.
3. Add in your heavy cream and vanilla extract, and mix on medium to high speed for 8 minutes until light and creamy. Add the pinch of salt.
4. Add in the cocoa powder and beat to combine.
5. Add a few drops of the black food coloring and beat to combine. If it's not dark enough, add a few more. The color will intensify as it sits, so if it's still not dark enough let it sit and then try adding more if need be.