3-Ways to Easily Toast Pecans
- Boston Girl Bakes
1. Position a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Spread your pecans on a baking sheet with parchment paper in a single layer. You can line with parchment paper or skip it (this will just make for easy cleanup later).
3. Cook in a 350°F oven for 6-10 minutes. The cook time can vary depending on how many pecans are on the baking sheet. Be sure to stir the nuts a few times during the baking process so they all toast evenly.
4. Toast until fragrant and golden brown in color. Remove the baking sheet from the oven to cool to room temperature, and then use the toasted nuts as the recipe calls for them.
1. Spread pecans out in a dry skillet in a single layer. (no butter or oil needed).
2. Cook the nuts over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, stirring the pecans in the pan frequently to prevent burning.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the nuts to cool to room temperature before using the toasted nuts in your recipe.
1. Place the nuts onto a microwave safe plate in a single layer (a glass pie plate works great).
2. Microwave the nuts on high for 2 minutes.
3. Remove and stir then continue to microwave in 30-second increments until pecans are toasted to your preference. This can vary depending on your microwave, how many pecans you are using, and if they are whole or chopped. Allow the nuts to cool before using.