This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Bake up one of my recipes using whole grain flour, snap a photo, and be entered to win a prize in this month’s baking challenge!
As we roll into September I thought why not start off with a fun baking challenge! This month I am encouraging you to make one of my recipes with whole grain flour. Let’s start the school year out on a healthy note! And if you make a recipe, take a photo and submit you will be entered to win a $75 Amazon gift card! Keep reading for details!
Its been a while since I have done a baking challenge but I wanted to do one again and I figured September is the best time as baking season really ramps up. So this baking challenge is all about using whole grain flour (whole wheat, rye, spelt, whatever you want!) and having a chance to win a gift card.
Baking and a prize?! Who’s with me?!
What is The Whole Grain Baking Challenge?
It’s a chance for you to test drive one of my recipes, take a picture (it doesn’t have to be pretty!), post a picture in my Facebook group, and enter to win a prize!
I find it is so helpful for me to see how my recipes turn out for you and to hear about what changes you made or would make. I love the great feedback and know how to make my recipes even better, and you get a chance to win!
What recipe should I make?
1. Choose a whole grain recipe from the site (I have a list of some below for you) make it as is.
2.You can Choose ANY RECIPE from make it (feel free to put your own whole grain spin on it!), and share a pic to enter to win! I have some tips below on how to do this successfully.
Whole Grain Recipes
If you want to just make a recipe as is already tested for you then feel free to choose one of these recipes below.
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Whole Wheat Apple Crumb Muffins
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Healthy Cinnamon Rolls
- Healthy Cornbread
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- Sweet Potato Muffins
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Rosemary Rye Sourdough Focaccia
- Sourdough Rye Bread
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Sandwich Bread
Make Any Recipe Whole Grain
Of course I love giving you the flexibility with a baking challenge! So if none of the recipes are anything you want to make feel free to put your own whole grain spin on things.
I find that recipes like muffins and quick breads are the easiest to play around with. And to make it whole grain I recommend swapping out some of the flour called for whole wheat flour. Try replacing 50% of the AP flour for whole grain flour.
You can always try replacing more or less. Not ready to go 50% try 25% or go all in and experiment with a 100% swap!
*Please note to be eligible to win you just choose a recipe from the Boston Girl Bakes site
What whole grain flours do you recommend?
- Whole wheat flour– This is the most common and easiest to find in any store. So if you’re new to baking with whole grain flours start here. Again try swapping 50% of the AP flour.
- White whole wheat flour– This is one of my faves. It’s 100% whole wheat but is made from a different wheat Berry than the flour above making for a softer wheat flour. I find the texture to be wonderful!
- Whole wheat pastry flour– This is a great swap for AP flour for recipes that call for a tender product, such as muffins, cakes, or quick breads.
- Spelt flour– I fell in love with this flour when writing my cookbook. I think this flour could turn anyone who says they hate whole grain products into a fan. Seriosuly give it a try!
Other whole grain flours to try:
- Rye flour
What is the prize? How do I enter?
For September 2021, I’m giving away A $75 USD Amazon gift card — so you can treat yourself to whatever your heart desires!
To enter, simply make any recipe from Boston Girl Bakes (choose a whole grain recipe from above or make a recipe whole grain), take a picture, and upload it to the Facebook group with the hashtag #BGBchallenge.
What if I don’t have Facebook?!?!
Its ok- no judgement here. My husband doesn’t either! So if you want to participate and don’t have Facebook group you can also email me a photo of the recipe and what you made at [email protected]
Please include in the subject line: Whole grain baking challenge.
Rules and regulations:
Giveaway is open to any residents over the age of majority in their country of residence. Giveaway is open from the time of posting until September, 30 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
Winner will be selected at random and notified within 72 hours of the contest ending. Facebook winner will be notified by a comment and tag. Winner must respond within 48 hours of initial comment by direct message or a new winner will be chosen.
Giveaway is sponsored by The Boston Girl Bakes and is in no way associated with Facebook, Paypal or Amazon and you release Facebook of all responsibility.
The prize will be sent by email directly from Amazon. The Boston Girl Bakes is not responsible for defective products or missed delivery.
If you have any questions about how this is going down, shoot me an email or leave me a comment on this post and I will respond as quickly as possible!