White Chocolate Funfetti Bars
These funfetti bars are made with white chocolate chips and can be made in one bowl!
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 cup 227 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup 225 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups 300 grams granulated sugar
- 1 large egg 50 grams, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons 8 grams vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon 2 grams almond extract
- 2½ cups 313 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon 2.5 grams baking powder
- ½ teaspoon 1.5 grams kosher salt
- 1 cup 183 grams rainbow sprinkles*
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly grease.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and extracts, beating until combined. Add fl our, baking powder, and salt, beating until combined. (Batter will be thick.) Stir in sprinkles. Spread dough into prepared pan using a metal spatula.
Bake until center is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into triangles or squares.
- Use parchment paper to line your pan with. This will help to easily lift the bars out of the pan and then cut them into squares.
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter are at room temperature before starting this step so that the sugar is able to aerate the butter and cream cheese.
- Make sure the egg is at room temperature so it can be incorporated evenly and doesn't seize up the butter and cream cheese.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Over-measured flour could result in a dry funfetti bar. For best accuracy you would want to use a kitchen scale.
- Make sure to not cream your batter for too long. Over-creaming will result in too much air being incorporated and you could end up with a cakey funfetti bar instead.
- Before serving, give them a dusting of powdered sugar!
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 92mg | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg