Seven Layer Bars
These seven layer bars are easy to make! With a graham cracker crust, lots of chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. Top it all with coconut for a magical bar cookie that is made in the same pan you bake it in!
Servings: 16 bars
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10-12 crackers)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips!)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
Place the butter into the pan and place in the oven until melted.
Add the graham cracker crumbs into the pan and stir until combined with the butter.
Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
In order, sprinkle the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, walnuts over the graham crumbs. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire dish. Top with the coconut.
Bake until the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.6. Remove the bars from the pan using the foil or parchment handles and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife or bench cutter, cut into 2 by 3-inch bars.
- Crush up the graham cracker crumbs easily by either using a food processor or placing them in a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crush them (I prefer this method since it's less dishes to wash!)
- Measure the crumbs after you crush them up. You need 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. This could take about 10-12 crackers it depends.
- Press down the crust with the bottom of a measuring cup like you would for a graham cracker crust.
- For toasted coconut top, layer the coconut on last. For untoasted coconut, layer it on before the condensed milk.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before attempting to cut these gooey bars.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.4mg