No Bake Cookies Recipe with Peanut Butter and Chocolate
This classic No Bake Cookies recipe is a nostalgic childhood favorite! Made with peanut butter, chocolate, and oats, these chewy cookies come together in just a few minutes, no oven required. They're a quick and easy treat for any time of year!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick or instant oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
Bring the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Immediately add oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.
Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Have your ingredients ready. Once the sugar mixture boils, the rest of the ingredients need to be added right away. Having everything measured and ready to go will make the process smoother.
- Have the baking sheet ready. Once the dough is made, it needs to be scooped right away before it sets. So have the baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment before you make the dough.
- Don't boil the mixture for more than 60 seconds. The timing here is key to getting a moist cookie. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, then start a 60 second timer. Any longer and the cookie may become too dry and crumbly in the end.
- Don't substitute old fashioned oats. Instant or quick oats will give you the perfect texture you're looking for.
- Scoop the dough as soon as it's ready. Don't wait to scoop the dough or it will firm up in the bowl.
- Storing: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezing instructions: Store in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.