Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
A super chocolate chunky cookie filled with holiday M&M's and toasted pecans
Servings: 24 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 Tablespoons (226 grams) unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups (320 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (42 grams) natural cocoa powder not Dutch-process
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (85 grams) M&M's
- 1 cup (128 grams) pecans toasted and chopped
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375oF/190oC. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
In a separate large bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla until combined.
Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until just incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips, M&M's and pecans.
Drop tablespoonfuls of dough about 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets; smooth the tops with damp fingers. Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until puffed and set, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Make sure to measure your flour correctly by scooping the flour into your dry measuring cup and leveling off with a flat edge. You can read a full tutorial here. For best accuracy, use a kitchen scale.
- Bake these cookies until they are puffed and slightly set. It can be hard to tell when a chocolate cookies baked, so they may appear still soft but they will firm up as they cool.
- If using only one cookie sheet, make sure to allow the cookie sheet to cool before scooping the second batch on. If your cookie sheets are warm, it will cause your cookies spread too much.
- For really pretty cookies, after scooping the cookies place a couple of M&M's or chocolate chips right on top.