Easy Pumpkin Muffins
A versatile go-to easy pumpkin muffin recipe that can be turned into cupcakes or loaded up with chocolate chips. Dress up however you want and enjoy :)
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time33 mins
Servings: 14 muffins
- 1 and 3/4 cups 220 grams all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
- 1/2 cup 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 227 grams pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 80 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups; fill the unused cups one-third full with water to prevent warping. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
*Instead of these spices, you may use 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead.