The Best Buttercream Frosting
The best vanilla buttercream frosting you will ever taste.
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter 1 1/4 cups, softened to room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (313 g) confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch table salt
Combine the butter and confectioners sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.
Mix on low speed at first, then increase the speed until combined.
Add in your heavy cream, salt, and vanilla extract, and mix on medium to high speed for 8 minutes until light and creamy.
If not using immediately, store in a container in the refrigerator until ready to use, mix again until light and fluffy.
- Use softened butter to achieve the best consistency.
- To ensure lumps, you can sift the powdered sugar.
- Make sure to whip this buttercream for a full 8 minutes to get a light airy fluffy consistency. If you are using a hand mixer this will take longer.
- Before serving your cakes or cupcakes with this frosting, be sure to bring the frosting to room temperature due to the butter in the frosting.
- Adapted from Cook's Illustrated