M&M Chocolate Chip Browned Butter Blondies
A brown sugar vanilla blondie made with browned butter and loaded with M&M's and chocolate chips
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted, browned, and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350° F. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they're done. Turn the pan upside down, and form the foil over the bottom to make the shape of the pan with the foil. Turn the pan back over and press the pre-shaped foil in the bottom. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Melt and brown the butter over medium heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk melted butter and sugars together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in M&M candies and chocolate chips and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.
Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 12 large or 16 small(ish) bars and serve.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Overmeasuring can result in a cakey texture instead fo the perfect chewiness that we are going for. You can get the full tutorial on how to measure your flour here.
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature, like your eggs. To bring your eggs to room temperature quickly place them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Do not overbake. They may appear not done at this time, but taking them out during that time, ensures you won’t overbake them!
- Once they have cooled and set up, use a plastic knife to cut them. Plastic won’t heat up and will cut them neatly.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.6mg