Best Blondies Recipe
A brown sugar blondie made with everything but the kitchen sink! Every kind of mix-in you have leftover in your kitchen goes in. Feel free to customize to what you have on hand!
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups of mix-ins see notes
Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350° F. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they're done. Turn the pan upside down, and form the foil over the bottom to make the shape of the pan with the foil. Turn the pan back over and press the pre-shaped foil in the bottom. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Melt the butter over medium heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk melted butter and sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the assortment of mix-ins and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.
Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 12 large or 16 small(ish) bars and serve.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Overmeasuring can result in a cakey texture instead fo the perfect chewiness that we are going for. You can get the full tutorial on how to measure your flour here.
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature, like your eggs. To bring your eggs to room temperature quickly place them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Do not overbake. They may appear not done at this time, but taking them out during that time, ensures you won’t overbake them!
- Once they have cooled and set up, use a plastic knife to cut them. Plastic won't heat up and will cut them neatly.
- For the mix-ins you can use whatever you like just keep it to 2 cups. Try coconut, chocolate chips, nuts!