Fat Witch Bakery Chocolate Brownies
A fudgy chocolate brownie from the famous Fat Witch bakery in NYC!
Servings: 9 brownies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9″x 9″ baking pan with butter. Dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat (or in the microwave), stirring frequently. Set aside.
Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well blended.
Sift together flour and salt. Add to chocolate mixture, mixing gently until well combined.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 30-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only dry crumbs. Cool on rack for 1 hour before cutting into bars.
- Tools: 9x9 Square Pan | Small saucepan |Spatula
- Measure flour correctly. As always, measure your flour correctly. I recommend using a kitchen scale for best accuracy. But if you want to use your dry measuring cups (no shame in that) but make sure you spoon the flour in and level off with a flat edge. Do not pack the flour down in to the cup which results in too much flour and results in a dense cakey brownie. It’s one of my top 10 baking tips.
- Use room temperature eggs - You want your eggs to be room temperature so they incorporate easily and do not seize up the melted butter. To bring them to room temperature quickly, place them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using them.
- Do not overmix. When it comes to any kind of baking, overmixing can result in too much gluten (protein in the flour that results in how chewy a baked good can end up being) forming. So I always stir just until the flour is mixed in and then I stop.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 102mg | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 0.8mg